Saturday 4 July 2015

To hand quilt or send away?

Having moved into a lovely little cottage in the countryside I wanted a place where I could sew in peace and not have to put everything away when visitors arrived. So I decided I would adapt the guest bedroom into a sewing area which could also be used as a bedroom if need be.

Under one wall and window it was decided that this would be the main sewing area, so a workbench, drawers, small cupboard and shelf was  fitted all on one level.  This is where the sewing machine sits with wonderful natural light through the window. 

Next- It was decided the double bed would remain on the chimney breast wall and in the next alcove would be my fabric storage.  The fabric had always been stored carefully in large plastic containers that were stacked one above the other however every time I wanted to make something I had to move the containers and open each one to find the 'right' fabric.

So here is my sewing room:

No comments:

Post a Comment