Saturday 4 July 2015

Hexie hell or hexie heaven

Many months ago I joined a sewing hexie block of the month.  I bought the book and then I sent off to the USA for the templates and papers for piecing (I must have been flush with money that month). 

It has almost driven me potty, making the hexies is fine but I hit a brick wall when it came to fabric selection both colour and pattern and I just haven't been able to get back into it. This still had another 2 rounds of hexies to be joined on.  One day I might go back and finish that block and turn it into a 3ft cushion.

I look at all the blocks people have done and they are stunning as individual blocks however folk are now posting theirs all joined up and there are far too many colours and patterns for one quilt and many look nasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment