Saturday 4 July 2015

Nature on the doorstep

As I sat in the dining room I heard a lovely bird song and when trying to find the bird I noticed a male sparrow sitting on the telephone wire and he had an enormous beetle in his mouth and who was putting up a real fight.  Grabbing the binoculars to watch the drama unfold it was entertaining watching the sparrow desperately trying to get it into a position where it was could swallow it but it was far too big and he dropped it.  He immediately swooped down and found it and alighted onto the fence where he was able to use the fence to help dismember and take apart the beetle to eat it. 

I also spotted the bird with the lovely song........a blackbird who knew they sound so good.



Who needs David Attenborough! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yas, welcome to the world of blogging, hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Wait til you hear a Song Thrush. x

    ReplyDelete